As we hurtle towards the festive season, we are extending our Black Friday deal of 70% off any Display Banners to encompass all your festive season ideas to reach more customers!
According to Google’s 2021 Retail Playbook, last year, retail had its biggest holiday season ever, with global digital sales growing by 50%. In the wake of the pandemic, digital played a critical role in this shopping journey with more customers choosing to start their holiday shopping earlier in the season. And the scene is set for another digital-first shopping season ahead.
Here’s what we already know
- Black Friday in South Africa grew by 50% in spending patterns last year
- Retailers offering curbside and other pickup options grew almost twice as fast as those that didn’t
- Holiday shopping was done earlier, as cyber days became cyber weeks
- YouTube has evolved from a purely entertainment destination to a place where people come to learn, stream, and find inspiration for their next purchase. 70% of shoppers report buying a brand after seeing it on YouTube
So how do you make sure your business is ready for the festive season online?
- Be visible: Show up throughout the purchase journey with clear information about products, availability, and offers
- Take a stand: Give shoppers a reason to support you by making your stance on sustainability, local ties, or key issues clear — and find authentic ways to follow through
- Start now: Upload your products and holiday deals sooner, as people begin their shopping earlier in the season to stock-up or avoid out-of-stocks
- Be flexible: Offer a range of delivery or collection options to make the purchasing experience as convenient as possible
- Embrace change: Prepare for rapid, short-term shifts in demand with automated tools, while adapting to longer-term changes in the consumer landscape by considering your overall digital strategy.
So now is the time to leverage the SearchKings™ Africa in-house design team to bring your Black Friday and festive season specials and offerings to life. Whether it’s festive visuals and specials that pop or video content for YouTube, making sure that your marketing creative is ready to roll ahead of time across your various channels is a key way to make sure customers are aware of and take advantage of your bargains online.